About the wine
This wine has 35% Merlot and 65% Cabernet Sauvginon. This wine contains aromas of black cherries, red berries and black currant and comes packed with flavours of blackberry, plum and cassis. The wine has a cellaring potential of 5 – 10 years. Enjoy this wine with parmesan cheese, roast chicken and mushrooms.
About the Winery
- The winery was previously known as ‘Veritas’ which in Latin means the truth. The first vintage by the winery was released in 1978.
- Rolf Binder and sister Christa Deans are the key members of the winery. Rolf takes care of the production of red wines whereas Christa is in charge of whites.
- The winery has grown throughout Australia and exports to 18 countries.
- Rolf and Christa were jointly awarded the Barossa ‘Winemaker of the year’ in 2005.
Its vineyards are spread across 250 acres in Barossa and Eden Valley. The winery has 4 vineyards under it –
- Chri-Ro Vineyard – This vineyard is covered in 26 hectares. The grapes for the old Veritas winery were sourced from this vineyard as well as grapes for the iconic Hanisch and Heysen wines
- Western Ridge Vineyard – This vineyard produces the highest quality fruit among the rest of vineyards. Grapes varieties planted are Shiraz, Semillon, Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache.
- Binder Deans Vineyard – This vineyard was purchased by the winery in 2013 and holds the potential to produce some great wines.
- Riedl Vines Vineyard – Purchased in 2014 and spread over 46 hectares, some of the vine blocks are as old as 100 years.