Australia is one the largest producers, consumers and exporters of wines in world. It has as many as 2400 wineries spread across about 65 wine regions which have suitable agro-climatic regions for growth of wine-grade grapes. People have multiple options to shop for wines. Besides the retail shops, buyers can buy wines at cellar doors maintained by wineries as well as online. Online retailing of wines is now popular and many new online stores have made foray into sales of wines. Here are some of the most popular online stores with a brief about what makes them special and distinctive from others.
- Dan Murphy’s is arguably the largest aggregator of alcoholic beverages in Australia.
- It has both online and physical presence country-wide. It has more than 200 stores in Australia and is owned by Woolworths.
- The store sells not only wines but also whisky, beer, cider and other drinks.
- It also has a cellar door and a customer rewards program.
- One of the most preferred choices to buy wine online in Australia.
- It is one of the fasting growing online wine stores in Australia. Its collection of wines is far more than any other online wine shop except Dan Murphy’s. The wines which you can not find anywhere, there are good chances of finding these here.
- Focussed only on wines and does not deal in other liquor products. Even in wines, it is focused on Australian and New Zealand wines.
- It sells wines online only. People have to buy wine online since there is no physical store front.
- Has close to 5000 wines at end of 2016.
- Has extensive reach to small boutique wineries (more than 600 out of a total of about 2400 wineries)
- If you are looking for a wine store which sells Australian wines exclusively, then this is the store you shall look forward to.
Nicks Wine Merchants
- Nicks also deals in a number of liquor categories like Dan Murphy’s. Vintage Direct is their mail order business wherein they sell Australian wines to international destinations and also import wines from other wine regions around the world.
- Nicks also has its own wine rating system by the name of Wine Spider.
Get Wines Direct
- This is an online wine store which sells both Australian and international wines.
- The high point is that it first stores the wines and then sells it. So, the customers have it direct from it.
- It is also known for the deals it offers on its wines collection.
Naked Wines is an online wine seller which works on the model of social engagement. It offers wines at wholesale prices to its customers who, in turn, fund the independent wine makers.
Naked Wines encourages customers to review their wines and have an online interaction.
Due to the capital of time spent on creating the social connect, it is clearly one of the most preferred destinations for people looking to participate in different aspects of the online wine buying process.
Another online retailer of wines which is commonly referred to by wine lovers and buyers is Graysonline. Graysonline is actually a multi-product online retailer who deals in a number of other categories of items as well. Grays wines is a part of the Grays Ecommerce group focused solely on wine product which has four different ecommerce sites to its credit.
Cracka Wines offers a range of wines. It has built its reputation on the basis of deals and auctions which it offers to customers. It claims to have the largest collection of wines in Australia.